Monday, November 19, 2007

Survivor Series Reactions

Survivor Series was an ehhhh PPV. Then again, for some reason I haven't been a big fan of WWE PPVs and TV shows lately. So, here are my reactions to the matches.
  • CM Punk vs. Miz vs. John Morrison (Triple Threat) (ECW Title): Who called that? I did! Anyway, I can't really remember much from the match but I do remember last night really liking it and thinking it was a good match to start the PPV. Which is something about 85% of wrestling fans are saying (if you're not part of that 85% you're not mentally right.) Anyway, I was hoping CM Punk would keep the title and I guess WWE has been impressed with his work as champ because they've kept him as such.
  • Beth Phoenix (c), Jillian Hall, Melina, Victoria, & Layla vs. Mickie James, Torrie Wilson, Michelle McCool, Maria, and Kelly Kelly: Hmmm, I thought this match was alright. With only one real wrestler on the face side I was a skeptical about it but from people watching the PPV on TV (I do online PBP updates because I'm unfortunately kinda poor and to boot our TVs have cable stuff built in so I don't have a box) Kelly Kelly was doing really good. I'm all for Kelly Kelly getting some wrestling training in, going to Raw, and fighting it out for the Women's Title. Next draft my friends, next draft.
  • Triple H, The Hardys, Rey Mysterio, & Kane vs. Umaga, Mr. Kennedy, MVP, BDV, & Finley (Traditional Survivor Series Tournament): The promo that aired before this was hilarious, they just had to bring up Katie Vick. Anyway, that was majorly hilarious and showed how much of an ass Triple H is sometimes. Anyway, Matt Hardy was out and considered elimanated because of his "leg injury". In the end, the surviving team was Team Trips and it was Triple H and Jeff Hardy as the survivors. From what I hear it was alright, but I wish I had seen it first hand.
  • Batista vs. Undertaker (Hell in a Cell) (World Heavyweight Title): Dude! Edge! Holy crap! What a great return for him and NICE JOB throwing him back in with the Undertaker. I was highly impressed with this match, even though Batista supposedly did a bad gig job and you could see him slice himself. Whatever, anyway really good match and I was happy that I got it right.
  • Cade & Murdoch (c) vs. Cody Rhodes & Hardcore Holly (WWE Tag Team Titles): Disappointment city dude. I was kinda bummed that Rhodes and Holly didn't win but then again Rhodes needs more experience plus they could get another run at the titles later. So, whatever.
  • Hornswoggle vs. The Great Khali: Dude, what in the blue hell happened here? A man, Finley, who was a heel maybe a match or two before and is now suddenly face and helping out his buddy Horny? What? Huh? Who? Yeah, and who else kept forgetting that Finley was in the SS match? I know I kept doing it. Anyway, match sucked. Plain and simple.
  • Randy Orton vs. Shawn Michaels (WWE Title) (Special Stipulations): Dude! That was awesome! I really liked this match. Michaels was just ripping off everyone's finishing moves. He used the crossface, angle lock, and his usual sharpshooter. I was like, "Dude! Crossface! Ring the damn bell!" It was great. Anyway, I liked this match, unfortunately Orton was able to pull off the victory. It was good stuff though.

I'll post some news tidbits from the past few days later. Also, who's ready for RAW IS JERICHO!?!

No comments: