Sunday, November 25, 2007

Feast or Fired? ... Update on Sting ... Hogan Divorce? ... Tomko Injured ... Hardy Injured

Here is a quick update on all the stuff I missed randomly during the week.

TNA has a new sort of gimmick match announced for their 12/2 Turning Point PPV. It's called Feast or Fired. It's a battle royal where there are 4 briefcases hanging from 4 poles (go Russo!) each with a title shot (tag team, X Division, & Heavyweight) and one that has a pink slip. I'm really excited for this concept for some reason. It'd be interesting to see who got fired. Once I know the full roster for the match I'll post it and give my thoughts on each contestant.

Sting is currently on break and TNA has offered him a contract extension. No word, however, on if he's agreed on it or signed it.

According to sources Hulk Hogan's wife has filed for divorce. I had a strange feeling this was coming because the last season of their show wasn't that happy between the two from what I've seen. Plus, the stress of what happened to Nick and his friend could have played a role. When information becomes available I'll let you know. Other word is that this took Hogan by surprise and it took an interview guy to tell him what happened. Take that for what it's worth.

According to sources Tomko went in for emergency surgery on a torn muscle. Obviously, this happened in Japan. When more becomes known I'll post some more about that.

Matt Hardy also had to go under an appendectomi the other day. It was on the night of the Smackdown/ECW tapings. He is set to be out 2-3 months. In my opinion it seems like he's hit a spot of bad luck as of late. But that's just me. He's missed out on a few matches even if they have been kayfabe injuries (and one that wasn't, thanks Rey). Personally I feel that he's been being screwed out of the US title and he's just not having a good time.

My get-well wishes go out to Tomko and Matt Hardy. =) Get well soon guys!

No comments: