Monday, November 12, 2007

Post-Genesis Opinions ... Redrum Reaction ... Booker T Reaction ... Lena Signed by WWE ... Fatu Not Done With TNA

Well, as promised, my Post-Genesis reactions and several other pieces of news.
  • Abyss vs. Black Reign (Shop of Horrors): I think we all knew Abyss was going to win this one. But, we weren't expecting the debut of Johnny Stamboli aka. Redrum. The thing that sucks is that nobody had any clue who it is but I'm sure on the next iMPACT! those who don't do stuff online will find out. It's nice to see a new face involved in this. Hopefully we can suck him into Serotonin one of these days.
  • Motor City Machine Guns vs. Team 3D: This was an easy one and unfortunately we saw no cool run ins. It was nice to see MCMG win though, and supposedly Team 3D put them over really well, which I liked and I thought was good. We haven't seen the last of Team 3D for the night.
  • Gail Kim (c) vs. ODB vs. Angel Williams vs. Roxxi Leveaux (TNA Women's Championship): This was an amazingly easy one to predict. It was also a rather good match from what I hear. I have to say I am highly impressed with TNA's Women's Division. You have a lot of good athletes in there and all of these chicks have a more than basic idea of what they're doing. WWE's chicks are just eye-candy while TNA's chicks are eye-candy who can do a really good job at doubling as wrestlers. Really good stuff. I do have to say though, ODB is rather humorous.
  • Jay Lethal (c) vs. Sonjay Dutt (TNA X Division Title): It was sort of a filler match if you will. It gave the X Division some exposure which it has been lacking lately. The ending though was really something. We seriously saw the invention of the modern day Macho Man Randy Savage, a very humorous Sonjay Dutt, and the new Miss Elizabeth (SoCal Val). Unfortunately, Team 3D came and ruined it by taking out Sonjay & Lethal and then abducted the X Division Title saying that the X Division must suffer for what MCMG did.
  • AJ Styles & Tomko (c) vs. The Steiners (TNA Tag Team Championship): I know I said Steiners, but AJ & Tomko had a really fair shot. Anyway, I thought they might implode but that wasn't the case and I think they worked better together than they usually do. It's just their style I guess.
  • Samoan Joseph vs. Robert Roode: I thought we would see more action from this but it was interesting enough at least. I thought we would see more Ms. Brooks stuff but what we saw really did suck. All that happened was that she was taken out but we're not sure how or by who but I'm assuming Rain and with some kind of random object. Anyway, it sucked but the match was good.
  • Kaz vs. Christian Cage (Fight for the Right Finals) (Ladder Match): You all know how I feel about Kaz. Therefore, it sucked. And Tomko and AJ cost Cage the match, which is something else you could have guessed because they always seem to do that when it's important for Cage. Anyway, no further opinion.
  • Kurt Angle (c) & Kevin Nash vs. Sting & Mystery Partner (Tag Team Match for the TNA Heavyweight Title): I hate the concept of a tag match for a title change but whatever. Anyway, Angle kept the title which makes me thing that Sting is screwed for a title reign before he retires. I only really stuck with the PPV to see who the mystery partner is (and it was Booker T). I was rather surprised at the end when Tomko and AJ came out and helped Angle and Cage had no clue what was happening. I knew the Coalition was going to implode, just I wasn't sure how. Anyway, we also saw Sharmell get into a cat fight with Karen Angle so this could get reallllllly interesting.

Anyway, overall good PPV. I was just really shocked by some of the stuff that happened and I was also disappointed by a few things.

I think Booker T returning was awesome. Especially as the old skool WCW/early WWE Booker T. This King Bookuh stuff was BS. Anyway, good luck Booker and hopefully things work out for us on the fan/mark side.

I was NOT expecting the debut of Redrum but I think that maybe that was the point. Anyway, he's a decent replacement for Judas and I can't wait to see what he can do. I'm also rather excited at having another new, twisted character to cheer for outside of Black Reign, Raven, and Mesias. For some reason I have a thing about twisted, heel wrestlers. They're amazing.

WWE has signed Diva Search reject Lena to a contract to be a backstage interviewer on ECW and possibly a wrestler. Supposedly she is in Tampa starting her training by taking minor bumps and things like that.

Lastly, Junior Fatu might not be done with TNA. According to him he wasn't at the iMPACT! tapings because of prior commitments and he was never really done with TNA to begin with and he wasn't sent packing. Supposedly his travel arrangements can get messed up because he lives in two different areas of the US so hopefully we see him at the next tapings. I'm excited to see him again.

No comments: